The space, located in the virtual equivalent of Times Square in New York, includes a CryptoPunk receptionist and an interactive NFT gallery.
- Sygnum’s metaverse hub is located in a virtual space, the equivalent of Times Square in New York, and includes a CryptoPunk receptionist, interactive NFT gallery and event space
- The official public launch as well as a livestream event will take place on September 27, 2022 at 11:00 CET on Decentraland
- The hub will showcase Sygnum’s Web3 innovations and provide a trusted entry point for investors into the estimated $5 billion emerging metaverse economy
Sygnum announces the opening by a Swiss bank of the first metaverse hub, located in the virtual equivalent of Times Square in New York. This hub, accessible on Decentraland, is Sygnum’s Web3 portal providing access to the emerging economy of the metaverse for an amount of 5 billion dollars. It includes a CryptoPunk receptionist, interactive NFT gallery and event space.
Sygnum will officially launch its “Decentraland Metaverse Hub” in a livestream event on September 27, 2022 at 11 a.m. CET. To attend the public event, visitors simply click on https://bit.ly/SygnumWeb3 to be teleported directly to Sygnum’s hub. No specialized software or instructions are needed, and entry only takes a few moments.
The metaverse could generate up to $5 billion in value, fueled by cryptocurrencies
The Metaverse is an always-on interactive 3D world built on open blockchain technology that allows users to socialize, play, work and earn money, shop, and learn new skills. As personal digital, physical, financial and social worlds are increasingly linked by connected devices, the demand for enhanced user experiences also continues to increase. The metaverse has the potential to deliver these enhanced experiences and reach a value of $5 billion by 2030 according to research by McKinsey.
Decentraland is the first and largest metaverse that relies on a cryptocurrency called MANA to facilitate gaming and the purchase of virtual land, goods, and services in this space. Sygnum’s three-story complex is located in New York’s virtual equivalent of Times Square. User avatars can learn about Sygnum in the Crypto Garden and experience Sygnum’s finance of the future, in action. Spaces include the SYGN lounge with a CryptoPunk receptionist, an interactive NFT gallery showcasing exhibits curated by Sygnum, its clients, and leading creators, and an exhibit hall for events and launches.
Sygnum – a cryptonative financial institution in the metaverse
Sygnum believes that the metaverse, made possible by Web3 technologies, is becoming the next iteration of the internet. Rooted in Swiss and Singaporean heritage, Sygnum has also been an active member of the Web3 community since its inception, with projects including:
- The Tokenization of a Prime NFT, Cryptopunk #6808
- Product development, including regulated Ethereum staking, on open blockchains
- Regulated trading and asset management products for decentralized finance (DeFi) applications
- Membership on the governance board of Klaytn, Asia’s first crypto blockchain and regional leader for gaming, metaverse and creator economy
- Provision of computing power for DFINITY’s Internet Computer (ICP).
“Investment in metaverses is accelerating, fueled by retail cryptocurrency transactions and a new generation of users comfortable with socializing, shopping and working in virtual spaces. Our new metaverse hub is the natural place to showcase Sygnum’s Web3 innovations and provide a reliable entry point for investors into the booming finance economy of the future,” says Martin Burgherr, Chief Clients Officer of Sygnum. .